Re: [pygame] MSVCR71.dll

------ Original Message ------
From: andrew baker <failrate@xxxxxxxxx>
> This is a known issue with all py2exe/pygame2exe distributions with
> Python 2.4.  For this reason, I am boycotting 2.4 and dependant
> modules until it's made free of this burdensome yoke.
>
> I hope that didn't sound too melodramatic, but I'm really salty about
> how the issue affects distribution.

I agree. I know the whole msvcr71.dll is discussed ad naseum on other forums,
but I don't plan on using pygame over python 2.4 for similar reasons. I
actually have a licensed copy of .NET 2003, but I don't want to deal with
having my EULA right to satisfy the redistribution requirements or to even
have to add the file size of the dll.