Re: [pygame] MSVCR71.dll

thanks very much!  I downloaded the dll from some weird site and added it to my path it seems to happy now.

-Julie

On 8/27/05, andrew baker <failrate@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yeah, apparently there are issues with gcc compilations of Python 2.4?
You can get msvcr71.dll on various websites, but you're generally
supposed to have a licensed copy of Microsoft Visual C++ 7.1 to
legally distribute this dll.

This is some bunk.

This is a known issue with all py2exe/pygame2exe distributions with
Python 2.4.  For this reason, I am boycotting 2.4 and dependant
modules until it's made free of this burdensome yoke.

I hope that didn't sound too melodramatic, but I'm really salty about
how the issue affects distribution.

--
Andrew Ulysses Baker
"failrate"