Re: [pygame] MSVCR71.dll

Hmmm, I was just able to build Python 2.4 from source on Windows XP
with Cygwin and gcc.  I then used a simple script to test that the
executable would actually function.  Now, it required disabling
threading for the so-called "band-aid" fix, but still, I don't even
use threads in my games, and there's apparently a more complete fix
available.  So, it's apparently feasible to compile Python and maybe
PyGame and all the others in some other compiler than MSVC71.

--
Andrew Ulysses Baker
"failrate"