Re: [pygame] movie

Brain Murphy wrote:
sorry I did not think to remove the >. In the future I will remember to do so.
:)
as to your questions yes I know python. I somewhat understand pygame which might be my problem. Yes I know how to blit images to the screen.
Sounds good. If you know python it shouldn't take you long to get used to pygame; you just need
a little experience. After you write a game or two (or a screensaver ; ) it should all come pretty
easily to you.
again in the future I will be more specific,
Thank you for all your help, I think I know what to do now in order to make that screen saver.
Brian
I'm glad to hear that you think you know what to do.
If you have any more trouble we'll be happy to help.
I hope you don't feel that I was mean to you, or are afraid to ask questions in the future.
Update us on how it's going once you get somethin' working!
In case you didn't know, on Windows, screensavers are just plain
executable files that are passed arguments when run as a screensaver,
like -p when in preview mode, and -d when it's time to display.
(I don't think these are the actual arguments; I can't remember the correct ones OTOH.)
So you just make a py2exe version of your script and you can run it as a normal screen saver.
I'm not sure how to get it to work in preview mode, however; I haven't tried that, but
it works fine for full-screen.
One cool thing I noticed was that I had thought originally that whenever a keypress occurred,
the screensaver automatically was killed by windows, but you actually manage the exiting
of your screensaver yourself. So you could write your screensaver so that only the
'escape' button exits the screensaver, and all the other keys do stuff (like play a game or somethin'.)
Anyway,
Best of luck to you.
-Luke