Re: [pygame] Preventing multiple instances of your game from running (and activating the running copy?)

File based sockets don't work on windows.

Opening up ports for this will be foiled by personal firewalls on some
windows machines.
I think a mutex is the way to do this on windows.  Here's a recepie
that I have not tried:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/474070

If you make a xplatform solution... please add it to the cookbook!
http://www.pygame.org/wiki/CookBook

On 8/5/06, Richard Jones <richardjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Saturday 05 August 2006 11:48, Bob Ippolito wrote:
> If I really had to do something like this, I'd do it with TCP on
> 127.0.0.1 plus a marker file in a user-specific directory that said
> which port to look for (which is determined at runtime by asking for
> port 0).

Or just a file-based socket? Do they work on Windows?

Richard