Re: [pygame] Sprites

From: "Peter Shinners" <pete@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Sat, 2006-08-05 at 01:03 +0100, Brain Murphy wrote:
Is it possible to change the colour of a sprite starting at one end
and finishing at the other? so if I have a pipe, and want the pipe to
change to green or red or whatever, could I have it start the change
at one end and finish at another?
Is there a tutorial were this type of thing is posted?
I am really interested in this but am stuck at no were.

[..]

If possible, do this at init time, and keep a range of images with the
colors you want. Bit if the images are large it could quickly eat up
your memory.

This is what I would do. Take your image, perform all the manipulations you need to beforehand, and then save these in some data structure. It adds a bit to loading time, and some memory (not much if you are careful) but the framerates are unreal.

[..]

Glen