Re: [pygame] "DarkSide" Demo

R. Alan Monroe wrote:
It's playable, but has bad "production values." I'd like to know how to
improve, so any advice and criticism would be helpful.

You might try a more exciting font. Nothing crazy like a handwriting font (hard to read) but something a touch more thematic. Also the text needs some margin space instead of being right up against the border of each window. (Actually the windows themselves maybe shouldn't run right up to the window border either) There could be different font sizes or colors as well to separate separator text like "Day 2" from the rest of the text. Word wrapping was still a little off, but I figure that's already a known issue.

Mainly I had trouble trying to keep track of context. In other
words, how far am I currently drilled down in the interface's
hierarchy right now? Maybe different colors for different areas of the
navigation?

When I'm viewing a location, the photo of that location switches from
right aligned to left aligned.

This is more of a bug report that a suggestion for production
improvements, but the music seemed to run the "SW Synth" channel of my
sound mixer up to full volume when starting, and when switching songs
(this is on Windows XP).

Thanks for all that. The one that stumps me is the sound bug. I have little idea of what's under the hood of the Pygame sound functions. I just now added my music/sound code "Conch" to the Cookbook, but in looking it over I didn't see anything that explicitly changed the volume.

Kris