Re: [pygame] PyOpenGLClasses

--- Kris Schnee <kschnee@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The Cookbook example "PyOpenGLClasses" has a little
> error:
>
> "while count&lt;100:". Should presumably be "while
> count < 100:".

That's a really odd edge-case error in the wiki code,
but it's fixed now. "count<100" was my original
lazily-typed code.

> Unfortunately, when I then ran this, my test .bmp
> (which has to be
> called "foo.bmp") appeared plastered all over the
> graphics window (in
> weird colors), then caused some unidentified
> "runtime error" that killed
> IDLE.

First of all, I never test this stuff within IDLE
because its crash behavior sucks. I always use a
command prompt or shell script. Tell me what OS you're
running since I've only tested this on Win98. Do other
demos in the OpenGL library work? Is foo.bmp
32x32x24-bit? (if it's different, it shouldn't
crash..I just tried it like that) What desktop
resolution/bit-depth are you using?

> This happens even if I comment out all three
> of the "draw"
> statements in the demo.

Are you sure it's actually showing anything, or if
that's leftover from the last time it ran?

Oh, and the obvious: maybe it's something else you ran
screwing up the system and you need to reboot :P IIRC
that has happened to me once or twice.