[pygame] Xubuntu Pygame Installation Help Requested

Hello,

I keep trying to install Pygame via source on Xubuntu, but it keeps telling me I'm missing SDL_ttf, SDL_mixer, SDL_image, and Numeric.  However, I know I've Numeric on the system, and I did an apt-get for libsdl-ttf, libsdl-mixer and libsdl-image that reported back as successes.
I've spent the last couple hours doing due diligence via Google, trolling mailing lists and message boards, and I've not really come up with anything except the impression that it *should* be possible to install Pygame on Xubuntu as there are Pygame developers on Xubuntu.

Thank you in advance,

--
Andrew Ulysses Baker
"failrate"