Re: [pygame] fullscreen question

I'm pretty sure It's your laptop that is doing that. Laptop screens
have a fixed number of pixels they can display (which in your case is
probably 1024x768). So when a laptop needs to display a screen with
some pixel resolution smaller than it's native size, it needs to
either scale the screen (which usually looks ugly, because the laptop
usually does very poor resampling, but can also make text hard to
read) or do the black boxing thing you are seeing

You can usually configure that in your laptop's bios menus

... So I think the answer to your question is that pygame can't
control the frame color cause it isn't doing the frame