[pygame] pygame- Installing pygame on suse linux from source

Hi
I downloaded pygame source and I've been trying to install it on my suse 10.2 linux.
It says I need sdl-dev when I run setup.py from the console with the command, python setup.py install

So I downloaded, the source of sdl and the src.rpm and the dev rpm and the runtime.
But with any or all of these installed I still get the error message.
You should put a link on the site for the required sdl files.

PS. How do I make python scripts executable on linux? (My first time using linux)
How do I get it so that I can open with IDLE?
running scripts from console is a mission

Thanks guys