Re: [pygame] Collision Detection with Pygame/OpenGL Surfaces

On 8/2/07, Michael George <mdgeorge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just out of curiousity, have you compared your approach the gluPick and
the selection buffer infrastructure in openGL?

Sorry?

Also, some of the things I've read about selection suggest using the
back buffer for selection but not flipping.  This means you can actually
really use different colors for everything because it never shows up,
and you don't have to worry about
shading/lighting/texturing/fog/whatever.  I doubt it's better than using
the selection buffer though.

There's a selection buffer?  I don't know how to use buffers, though I think I see what you're saying.

--Mike
Ian

BTW, glReadPixelsb(x, y, 1, 1, GL_RGB) works.  Thanks, everyone.  By depth test, I meant figure out the objects' distance from the camera and select the nearest one.