Re: [pygame] A way of telling time?

Hi,

On 8/5/07, Casey Duncan <casey@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Typically instead of counting down (which requires changing the
counter over time), I prefer to schedule things ahead. So instead of
a counter, I store a timeout value when I want something to happen
(like current time + 365 sec) and then compare that to the current
time periodically and do what I need to when current time >= timeout.

Hmm. A timeout. I might try that method as well as the current one I've got working.
Thanks!

> On 8/5/07, Greg Ewing <greg.ewing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You only ever really need one timer, running at the
> lowest common multiple of all the event rates you're
> interested in. Then you keep your own counts of
> clock ticks to determine when various things happen.

That suggestion is working pretty good. Thanks.
Joe

--
All Your Base Are Belong To Us!!! chown -r us ./base

"After three days without programming, life becomes meaningless.'' -- Tao of Programming Book 2