Re: [pygame] PixelArray question

Lenard Lindstrom wrote:
As for slicing, that is just a generalized form of Surface.subsurface (with the parent locked for consistency with surfarray).

Speaking of subsurfaces, there is one thing that I wish
they had, and that's the ability for the origin of the
subsurface's coordinate system to be somewhere other than
its top left corner.

This would have been useful in a small GUI library I wrote
recently, where to draw a subwidget I get a subsurface from
the parent widget's surface and pass it to the subwidget's
draw() method. But this means that a subwidget can't hang
outside the bounds of its parent widget, as that causes
subsurface() to throw a wobbly.

If surfaces had an "origin" attribute, subsurface() could
simply clip the subsurface and set its origin appropriately.

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiem!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |
greg.ewing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx	   +--------------------------------------+