Re: [pygame] The Giant - 'cool project I'm working on now' - thread.

It's still somewhat on the back burner, but I've been working on a library to allow you to drag and drop irregularly shaped objects (esp. circles and polygons) while preventing interpenetration. It's a surprisingly hard problem and I'm reading a lot of computational geometry papers to find an algorithm to solve it.

This is a subproject/distraction from my game, PEN (puzzles from the engineer's notebook) which was loosely inspired by the incredible machine: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pen/. You can see a buggy, circles-only version of the dragging problem in the code there if you're curious. I'm hoping a library would be something useful to other game designers. What do you think?

--Mike