Re: [pygame] The Giant - 'cool project I'm working on now' - thread.

Nirav Patel wrote:
Mike,

I'm imagining something like making a mask the size of the window,
drawing masks of all the objects you aren't dragging onto it, padding
that mask by the radius of the object being dragged (for that, there
isn't yet a function in Pygame, plus it could get difficult when the
object isn't a circle), and then finding the point closest to the
mouse that isn't in the mask.  It reminds me of robotics stuff I've
had to do to create a configuration space.

This is exactly what I'm working on, except doing it with vector geometry instead of pixels (but only because, as you point out, it's hard with pixels).