Re: [pygame] Upper Limit on Framerate

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Greg Ewing <greg.ewing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
René Dudfield wrote:

I'd guess lack of precision in the timing, or the time slice the OS
gives your process.

Another possibility is that pygame.display.flip()
is waiting for a vertical retrace, thus limiting
the frame rate to the refresh rate of your monitor.
Strangely, though, my monitor is set to 59hz = 59fps.
What happens if you just run the timing loop
without the drawing?
The framerate goes around quite a bit, I remember 10,000-20,000 or so.  Cutting GetInput() had no noticeable effect.