Re: [pygame] Upper Limit on Framerate

I think the secret to those numbers lies in what times per frame they represent
2500 fps = .0004 sec/frame
2000 fps = .0005 sec/frame
1666.7 fps = .0006 sec/frame

As they have a linear difference, it seems somewhere the calculations have a value being aliased. It may be that the timer used on your system to get timing information is running at a 100 microsecond resolution, so all timing samples are aliased to one of those 3 values.