Re: [pygame] Re: Movie module being merged

It could be. That, however, increases the coupling between the sound subsystem and the movie module. If you want me to, I will, but I would need to consider how best to make sure the sound subsystem can be replaced on demand.

And then for separate movie screens, it would be entirely possible if you just give different surfaces to each movie object. You're correct there. I'm going to add a MovieInfo object, which will do all the same sort of setup stuff, but can give the user info about their movie file, for dynamic use. As well, there is an issue if you give a surface to the movie object that does not have the same aspect ratio as the video file. This is what was causing the weird image corruption issues before. I'm not sure how I can programmatically solve that, beyond maybe throwing an exception if the given surface does not have the same aspect ratio.

-Tyler

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 8:49 AM, René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 4:22 PM, Tyler Laing<trinioler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Running at the same time? No. Unless there is a way to have multiple
> separate SDL screens. Even then, it will be an issue as there is a global
> struct used to record info in the sound module. Otherwise, everything else
> can be instantiated per movie.
>
> -Tyler

I guess that struct can be moved into a Movie instance?  Then getting
the movie to write onto a separate surface each, rather than using the
Overlay calls directly might work.

--
Visit my blog at http://oddco.ca/zeroth/zblog