Re: [pygame] Picking monitor...

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Gene Buckle<geneb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Aug 2009, James Paige wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 08:13:56PM -0700, Gene Buckle wrote:
>>>
>>> Is it possible to choose which display pygame uses for "full screen"
>>> mode?
>>> If so, how is it done?
>>>
>>> thanks!
>>> g.
>>
>> SDL version 1.3 adds commands like SDL_GetNumVideoDisplays() and
>> SDL_SelectVideoDisplay()
>>
>> SDL 1.3 is actually a testing version, and when it matures to a public
>> release, it will be renamed SDL 2.0. After that point, maybe pygame will
>> migrate to it (and correct me if I am wrong, but I think somebody is
>> already working on this, right?)
>>

> Thanks James.  Not exactly the news I was hoping for. :(  I'm working on a
> glass cockpit display called RJGlass that's written in Python and uses both
> pygame and PyOpenGL.  I'm going to use it in a cockpit project I'm working
> on, but I need to make it run on a 7" LCD panel I've got connected to a USB
> VGA adapter.
>
> Is there a bleeding-edge version of pygame that is available and uses the
> SDL 1.3 libraries?  I don't know if it matters, but I'm using Windows for
> this.
>
> Thanks again for you reply.
>
> g.

No there's not... but I was hoping to get onto it at some stage soon.

Well, I wouldn't expect it to happen soon, unless someone else takes
on the task... maybe it'd take 1 day to port.  Especially if only
those two extra functions are wrapped.  but no idea how long it'd
take... maybe 1 hour, maybe 1 week or month.

cu,