Re: [pygame] BUG: Problem with rockband guitar strum bar

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Coto <mcoto800@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just to start my OS is Fedora 13, the version of pygame is:
> pygame-1.9.1-1.fc13.i686, and the version of python is:
> python-2.6.4-27.fc13.i686.
>
> The problem comes when i try to use the strum bar of my PS3 rockband
> guitar in Frets on Fire, FoFix or SDLJoytest-GL.
> All other buttons are perfectly recognized, but when i try to
> calibrate/configure the strum bar the software freezes, throws these
> error and closes.
>
> Fatal Python error: (pygame parachute) Segmentation Fault
> Aborted (core dumped)

Perhaps the joystick is identifying its number of axes / buttons
incorrectly, so that SDL gets confused when it receives too much info?
That's best guess off the top of my head.

Try finding a non-SDL event utility and monitor the events that the
guitar is sending, and then go into pygame and inspect the values for
the # of axes/buttons that it claims are defined, and see if those
values match up.

Also, did you google using ps3 controller w/ SDL? this might already
have been discussed.

Either way, let us know how it turns out.