Re: [pygame] pygame.sndarray.array = ValueError: string size must be a multiple of element size

 Hi Gumm,

On 06/08/2010 7:54 PM, B W wrote:
Ask and ye shall receive. Here are a couple publicly available files that demonstrate what appear to be two different problems with sndarray in the blessed Pygame example.

WAV http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=4359 blows up on line 88, "ValueError: shape mismatch: objects cannot be broadcast to a single shape". This one kinda surprised me.

The sound sample was too short for echo generation. It indexed past the end of the array. This is a sound_array_demos.py issue, not a sndarray problem.

OGG http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=32083 blows up on line 108, "ValueError: buffer size must be a multiple of element size".

I can't reproduce this error. I am using newer support libraries, so it could be an ogg decoder issue.

Lenard Lindstrom