[pygame] Distributing games

What are the most popular ways of packaging Pygame games for
distribution? Are there any good cross-platform solutions? In the past
I've used py2exe and just given people a zip file with the resulting
files and told them to unzip to a folder and then run the exe. I'd
like to provide a smoother experience but I'm now faced with a new
problem - I don't currently have easy access to Windows. My main
development machine is a laptop running Linux, and as far as I
understand it py2exe won't work properly under Wine.

Ideally I'd like to produce simple installers that run with few clicks
and don't require administrator privileges. Windows is a must, Linux
and Mac are nice-to-haves. A cross-compiling system would be highly
preferable so that I don't have to have machines running all of these
operating systems, although I'm not getting my hopes up over that.

I seem to recall somebody posted something to this mailing list a
while back about a project to make some sort of tool to help with
this. Did it go anywhere?