Re: transition plan was Re: [pygame] contemplating move to bitbucket(and hg). what do you think?

Hello,

On 04/08/11 09:05 AM, René Dudfield wrote:
Hi,

I've started on a migration plan for bitbucket. If anyone has any feedback, please let me know :)

They will be done in roughly the order written.

 1. bitbucket url is https://bitbucket.org/pygame
 2. Adding contributors to the bitbucket repository.
 3. issues,
 4. hg
      * import all of the history with the hg convert plugin.
          * http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/ConvertExtension

Before moving anything do some hg configuration, such as enabling the eol extension (http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/EolExtension). There is a PEP on the Python migration: http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0385.

      * what to do with branches, and trunk?

Most branches are closed. I just merged msvc64 back into trunk. It has be removed. The msi, testtools, and trackmod branches can be omitted as well.

          * instead of a trunk the root should be the trunk.

I think the trunk would become the tip. We may have to rethink how we commit changes. I admit I have used the Pygame SVN repository branches as an off site backup system while making changes. I don't know what the equivalent is with hg, if any. Maybe patches posted to the issue tracker can serve the purpose.

Lenard Lindstrom