[pygame] Re: Release engineer wanted

On 2012-08-17 15:27:42 +0000, Martin Tarenskeen said:

On Sat, 18 Aug 2012, Luke Miller wrote:

Greetings,

I have a game written in pygame that I am hoping to release in a few
months for Windows, Mac and Linux.

I am looking for someone who is familiar with packaging up pygame
projects into professional looking windows (exe) and mac installers
(app) who can do it for my game. The only dependencies are pygame 1.9
and python 2.7. There are a few directories with assets in them such
as art, ogg sound files and some text scripts.

I can't do it for you, but are also interested in how such a thing should be done properly. I am experimenting with the distutils package, which seems to be the standard way to create distribution packages, but I haven't quite mastered it yet. If you are interested take a look at

 	http://docs.python.org/distutils/

FWIW distutils has largely been superseded by setuptools, which in turn has been at least partially superseded by a popular fork called Distribute:

- http://pypi.python.org/pypi/distribute/

Alex

--
Alex Clark · http://pythonpackages.com