Re: [pygame] pygame.midi

On 21.08.2012 08:40, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
> [0x89, 60, 0] means a note_off message with a note_off velocity value of
> 0. A (small) number of synths understands note_off velocity. You can
> describe it in physical terms as a key that is released extremely
> slowly. I have seen a synth (an old AKAI it was I think) that would
> react by a very slow envelope release of the sound after the key is
> released.

So what? It's only an example. I expect people who are using this module
to know the MIDI spec.

Several of my synths can be programmed to react in totally different
ways to note-off velocity via the modulation matrix.

The example is a bit strange anyway, since channel 10 is reserved for
drums in the General MIDI spec.

Chris