Re: [pygame] Locking surfaces and cursors

> Maybe get_at() could do an automatic lock/unlock when used? Then the user
> would not have to worry about it. Or is this a too big performance hit if
> it is called repeatedly?

Sam has said SDL 1.1.7 will come with better surface lock detection tools.
(and then 1.3 will be even better...). The best would be if these tools
detected if the surface was locked or not. if the surface was unlocked
they would temporarily lock and unlock it. the user could then lock the
surface ahead of time if wanted to get some extra performance.

> Is there somewhere some example on how the mouse cursor is set? I know the
> functions, but not the format for the cursor data.

the fonty example switches the mouse cursor. i've started a "pygame.cursors"
module which has a couple cursors. actually it has just 2, and the 'diamond'
one doesn't quite work right (needs to be bitswapped). at some point i'd
like the to add a couple more generic cursors to this module, as well as a
function to parse a list of strings representing a cursor.

jan, if you end up writing some stuff to make working with cursors a
bit easier, it would probably be good to add them into pygame? currently
pygame only offers the bare necessities.