Re: [pygame] Network

On Monday 10 December 2001 07:21 pm, you wrote:
> I'm going to make it simple, how to do a networked game using python and
> pygame? Does I have to use sockets? Isn't there any easier(like pygame
> is to SDL) way to do it?

Well, I'm no networks expert, but one idea does occur to me.  There is
probably no easier way to make the network connections themselves than using
sockets, but there is most likely a much easier way to deal with the data
sent between clients.  Namely, you could use some of Python's built-in
encoding and decoding facilities like Pickle or maybe some XML stuff to
simplify encoding and parsing messages from client to server and vice versa.

Nat