[pygame] PyGame crash upon set_mode

My Programs output:
Initializing PyGame                      [  Ok  ]
Initializing Display                    Fatal Python error: (pygame
parachute) S
egmentation Fault

abnormal program termination

I added in everything else after (the other display.* lines), the
original line was display.set_mode. It crashes if I give it any flags.
It doesn't crash if   I don't pass any flags. I am perplexed by this.
Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Jeffrey Drake

The Program itself: (main part)
def main():
	""" Initialization Point of the Program """
	Status.SetNotifyLength(30)
	Status.SetResultLength(5)

	Status.Notify("Initializing PyGame")
	pygame.init()
	Status.Result("Ok")

	Status.Notify("Initializing Display")
	display.init()
	vi = display.Info()
	modes = display.list_modes()
	if (640,480) in modes:
		surface = display.set_mode((640, 480), vi.bitsize, FULLSCREEN)
	Status.Result("Ok")

	Status.Notify("Exiting")
	display.quit()
	Status.Result("Ok")