RE: [pygame] More Pygame Articles...

> Great article. Really great.
> And you are an XML architect too. Your use
>of XML related technologies
> in Civil are fascinating. I do xml/web app

Thanks, glad you liked...

>Python certainly provides access to the latest
> and varied ways of doing things. But, doesnt
>it come down to speed? Isnt

Well, my angle with the article is more about
the beginner than the seasoned pro. Speed is
an issue, but it depends what you're doing I
guess...

I'm not advocating using Pygame to produce
Quake, but I am saying it's a bloody great way
to learn some of the tricks of the trade without
getting bogged down in the semantics of C...

> So, can python/pygame/and supporting
>community make those
> game developers (or have they already?)
>see that Python gives them
> coding
> speed and could easily be used to glue
>together an optimized C library  if need
> be - to get performance for a particular of a
>game? How does SDL really

Not my main area of expertise I have to
admit...

> compare
> with other native Directmedia layers?

I've used DirectX and Direct Animation quite a
lot, and it's only been recently that I've ever
enjoyed using DirectX. SDL is my personal
preference, mainly as it's portable. The rest of
the libraries I don't have experience with, so
can't comment...

> nintendo gba - has anyone seen
> what
> Amiga
> is up to recently with their DE portable /
> virtual processor os?

Yup, I await the AmigaONE with excitement! :)

I would also love to see Python/Pygame make
it over to this platform, but at the minute it
seems a long way off... My personal
preference would be Pygame on the PS2
Linux distro. Now *that* would be fun...