Re: [pygame] Back to the Scrolling

Pete Shinners wrote:
> everyone feel free to send in ideas on how this could be improved a bit.
> if there's a nice general way to get rid of the python overhead in
> scrolling, i'm all for it. the big performance problem with full
> scrolling is really copying all that memory around, and SDL makes it
> happen twice internally, ugh.

Does not seem to make a difference on my own hardware but for very small
tiles...
If you build some background with 16x16 tiles (on a 1024
width-screen->64 tiles per screen ), then the new routine seems a tad
quicker... I think that maybe we are trying to optimise in the wrong place.

For my purpose I am well conscious that I would be better off writing
the tiling engine in C and wrapping it later do control it through python.
I am just too lazy yet ;)

Guillaume