[pygame] Pygame > 1.5 as deb?

On Tue, 24 Dec 2002, Pete Shinners wrote:

>good news all! i've packaged everything together for pygame-1.5.5.

Anyone have any idea when pygame will be updated in Debian? Yesterday when
doing some updates I by mistake lost pygame, and when I reinstalled it I
got the 1.5 version, which is pretty much prehistoric by now. Earlier I
had overwritten the pygame files with an installation from CVS, but the
deinstallation of course removed my manually compiled files.

Or did pygame change name in Debian? I heard something about it being
called python-pygame, but found nothing like that either. Or is it just
not actively updated as a deb anymore? Would be a real shame (and a hassle
too).

--

              Many an ancient lord's last words had been:
         "You can't kill me because I've got magic aaargh...."