[pygame] Scripting language

Hello all,
This is not strictly a pygame question though it does relate to my use of pygame in general. What have people used for scripting languages in Python? I suppose I could use Python itself but I do not want to expose anything through the use of eval or otherwise (currently I am doing just about this). While I do not want to write a language from scratch, I do have a simple Lisp implementation that I could expose.

If this is way too off-topic I'll try to find another place to ask.

Cheers,
  Brandon