Re: [pygame] Pygame 1.8 - PNG is an unsupported image format

Hello again,

I double checked, and png is compiled in statically and works ok.
I've asked some other people to try it out on their systems, and it
works ok for them too.

Could you please try removing pygame from the site-packages directory,
and installing it again?  Sounds like something fishy is happening.

Make sure you don't have anything python/pygame thing open when you install.