Re: [pygame] Pygame 1.8 - PNG is an unsupported image format

Thanks for all the testing Kamilche.

I've got it to have that problem on one of my machines now, so I can test it.

Still not sure what's wrong... but at least I can test it now.

Cheers,

On 12/24/06, Kamilche <kamilche@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
René Dudfield wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> I double checked, and png is compiled in statically and works ok.
> I've asked some other people to try it out on their systems, and it
> works ok for them too.
>
> Could you please try removing pygame from the site-packages directory,
> and installing it again?  Sounds like something fishy is happening.
>
> Make sure you don't have anything python/pygame thing open when you
> install.

I'm running on a Windows 2000 system with 1 gig memory. I have python
2.4 and Pygame 1.7 installed.

Per your instructions, I ensured no python app was running. I removed
pygame from c:\python24\lib\site-packages. I installed pygame 1.8 RC2,
ran my test, got the same error. So  I removed the folder again, and
installed RC1 (which was 800K larger!) and ran the tests again. They
still didn't work.

I tried the same technique using RC1 only, on a Windows XP machine, with
the same results. Then I restarted the XP machine, had the same results.

I saw Lenard Lindstrom had the same problem. What sort of machine are
you running on, Lenard?

Maybe it's a problem in the Python 2.4 version only. Did the people that
ran it successfully, have python 2.4, or python 2.5?

--Kamilche