Re: [pygame] Help configuring Pygame on OS X Leopard

That's exactly what I think might have happened to me...

(1) I installed all the available modules from:

http://pythonmac.org/packages/py25-fat/index.html

(2) These files installed the modules in separate places under:

/Developer/Python

(3) When I ran the shell and tried to import pygame:

Falcon:~ untz$ python
Python 2.5 (r25:51918, Sep 19 2006, 08:49:13)
>>> import pygame
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named pygame

(4) I then attempted to install Pygame by using MacPorts:

sudo port install pygame

The ObjcPy and Numeric libraries (dependencies) had errors when MacPorts was trying to install them...

MacPorts installs everything under:

/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/python

Whereas the package ( see line item (1) ) from:

http://pythonmac.org/packages/py25-fat/index.html

Installs ObjectiveC Python inside:

/Developer/Python/PyObjC

Another person on Pygame's mailing list stated that the Python 2.5 isn't supported by Pygame and that's why there's no packaged bundle of Pygame available for the Mac Python 2.5 interpreter... He was forced to revert back to Python 2.4, in order, to use Pygame...

I don't understand why there's no universal installer for OS X which installs everything in the right place or at least sets some environmental variables pointing extended Python libraries.

Am not very well versed with configuring Python based systems... Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sincere regards,

Unnsse