[pygame] Problems with py2exe and Pygame

I'm trying to make an exe of a simple Pygame program.

Here's the setup.py:

from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe, pygame
import glob, shutil
setup(windows=["lunarlander.py"])
shutil.copyfile('moonsurface.png', 'dist/moonsurface.png')
shutil.copyfile('lunarlander2.png', 'dist/lunarlander2.png')
shutil.copyfile('C:/Python25/Lib/site-packages/pygame/freesansbold.ttf', 'dist/freesansbold.ttf')
The default font ("freesansbold.ttf") does get copied over to the dist folder.  (I saw some posts about that problem)  But the error log when I try to run it says this:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "lunarlander.py", line 111, in <module>
  File "lunarlander.py", line 49, in display_stats
RuntimeError: default font not found
I'm running python 2.5.1, Pygame 1.7.1 and a recent version of py2exe (I don't know how to find the version number, but the modified date on the build_exe.py file is October 3, 2007).

This is the first time I'm trying to make exe's of Pygame programs.

Any help would be appreciated.

hwg