[pygame] split newbie strikes back

Hi all,

Following your wise advice, I have used the split screen technique that Casey wrote about, and everything worked great ... until I tried to create sprites that spawned on the bottom screen, to which it politely refuses. All the sprites are instantiated in the top screen, and I have no idea why (I think it's because this subsurface method creates a child of the top_screen, and then when assigning random positions, it all gets messed up).
Anyway, if any can help, my code is here:

thanks for the help!

mundial

PS: any feedback on the (messy, ugly) code, is very welcome