Re: [pygame] Do we still need Python 2.3 support from Pygame?

I don't know about msvcr71.dll licensing. msvcr90.dll may be an even stickier issue. A Python 2..6 version of py2exe was recently released though.

I am not currently working on any Pygame extensions, just support stuff. So I won't worry about maintaining Python 2.3 compatibility.

Lenard

Brian Fisher wrote:
The only interesting thing about python 2.3 on windows is that it uses the older MSVCRT60.dll and friends, which have shipped with all the windows OS's, meaning that you don't need to redistribute the runtime dlls if you build an exe with python 2.3.

That being said, I'm the type to really care about stuff like that, and I'm perfectly happy with 2.5, cause it's only like 1 more MB to distribute, and I'm convinced there is no legal issue there.