Re: [pygame] Problem: difference in surface alpha from pygame 1.7 and 1.8

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 09:39:08AM +0100, Luca wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 12:36 AM, René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > There were some bugs with 1.7.x with some surface arguments.
>
> Thanks for replying, but I found more natural the old 1.7 behaviour...
> Now seems that the set_alpha is ignored... It's strange.

I think in 1.7 you were getting a surface with no per-pixel alpha.
therefore you could use .set_alpha() to change the alpha for the whole
surface.

Now in 1.8 you are getting a surface with per-pixel alpha. That means
that .set_alpha() will not work.

I know you can use .convert_alpha() to force a surface to have per-pixel
alpha, but I don't know if there is any way to force a surface NOT to
have per-pixel alpha.

---
James Paige