Re: [pygame] The future of Numeric

I'm not sure NumPy should be the default until Numeric support is removed. Legacy programs expect Numeric. They do not call the .set_arraytype() functions if they require Numeric specifically. Also surfarray and sndarray are still faster with Numeric. Besides, NumPy is probably the default by default now as few people likely have Numeric installed. Any software that requires NumPy should do a .set_arraytype('numpy'). This also provides some insurance should NumPy be replaced by the next great, somewhat incompatible, array package.

Lenard

Charlie Nolan wrote:
If we're phasing out Numeric, wouldn't it be a good idea to make NumPy
the default when both are available?
-FM