Re: [pygame] Re: loss of rapidly repeated keypresses (from a barcode gun keyboard)

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 04:39:00PM -0800, Brian Fisher wrote:
>    What that suggests to me is that the problem lies with the way the USB
>    barcode scanner interacts with system components, well below the
>    application layer. So like maybe with the HID driver or windowing system
>    of your computer.
>
>    I'd try it on a different platform, to confirm.

I just wanted to mention that I tested this on a Mac OS X 10.3 box
today, and the barcode scanner never dropped any characters at all with
pygame, so you may be on to something here.

...Although that still doesn't explain why it has no problem with any of
the non-SDL apps I have tested on Linux.

---
James Paige