Re: [pygame] Re: Announce: PygWeb2.0rc

Hey,

Thanks for the feedback.

I have a suggestion: If you download a code snippet, it gets named like '49.py' or '55.py'.  But a filename would be more useful, like 'ZoomScreen.py' instead of '55.py
Good idea, I've changed that.

if clicking on the "code" tab, the whol website recenter and has smaller
width (1024) than before. you may have to test with high browser
resolution
I know that. Not yet sure whats better. The smaller, fixed width was the original style, but sometimes its not enough space for the entire content (logged in as admin or with very long user name).

I only have one question; how is updating the new site different from the old?  Is the Django site still serving most things from static pages and just using the database to store comments and such, or did they use one of the little CMS doo-dads available for use with Django?
The site runs with an own database. Currently its sqlite, but since its done with Django, most other db backends should work as well. All content except the documentation is stored in the database. It's possible to convert data from the current pygame.org db, but you cannot use the same data or database without converting.

The issue is some people felt Jug and the others went ahead without proper discussion before-hand.
Some people wanted to rewrite the website as well, but not with Django. The discussion got nowhere fast, so we just started (otherwise, I think we would be still discussing). Also, those who wanted to write a website with other tools, did not do that (afaik). The same applies to the details. You cannot discuss every single detail on such a mailing list. Everyone has his own opinion, but you can only implement it one way. So we did it how we deemed it right and then showed it to the list so that everyone could have a look at it, test it, and tell us whether it is ok or he found any no-go's.

-- Julian