[pygame] How do you do the sound?

Hi all:

And sorry but my not to good english

I'm pretty new in pygame, and in my freetime i'm doing a shooter based en star wars -sssssh!!! don't tell it to George, he don't know nothing-.

Well, that's my problem. I'd and pretty xwing firing lasers and frying ties, so I decided to do the sound with pygame.mixer and...

#~@|!#¬[ !!!!! It's and incredible lag between the 'key is pressed' and 'the sound is played' (about one second)!!!!

I have a Ubuntu 9.10, so I googled and saw that the problem should be (and is) in SDL's interaction with pulseaudio (or in pulseaudio itself... i don't know). Well, I solved it unistalling pulseaudio and installing esound... but I think thats not the best solution... How do you do ubuntu compatibility?

I've ear about pyaudio but I don't know... I'll prefer to ear your experiences before learning a new API....

How do you do the sound?

--
Nota: Tildes omitidas para evitar incompatibilidades.

:wq