Re: [pygame] pygame 1.9.2 release

Hi RenÃ,

Great news. Anything more I should do? I got distracted earlier this year when, on the PyPy mailing list, I got the impression that new buffer support was of low priority, making much of the work I did on Pygame irrelevant to PyPy. But that is my personal interpretation, and may be entirely wrong. This is something I need to address with the PyPy developers, but can wait until after 1.9.2 is released. The added new buffer support is still relevant to CPython.

I am for doing one final push to get version 1.9.2 release worthy, but won't add any new features. These can wait until the basics of the SDL2 version 2.0 are decided. For now I can see more work on the documentation, and looking at unit tests and bugs. Unfortunately I cannot do much to help with the Windows build, as I only have XP i386 installed on my machine, and little interest in upgrading (I do have access to a Windows 7 machine, so maybe I can do a final release build.)

I think an end-of-January release date is realistic. I will now go to the bug tracker to see what is left to do.

Lenard Lindstrom