[pygame] The Road To 1.0

Ok folks, here's what's going to be happening the next couple weeks.
First, we will be waiting for SDL-1.1.2 to ship before pygame-1.0
it released. With 1.2, SDL will be finally upgrading their stable
release from the ancient version 1.0.8 (wowza). SDL shouldn't be
changing much between now and 1.2.

The recently released pygame-0.9 is following the same strategy
and using the current release as a last testing ground for a big
"commitment" release.

What will make this a little interesting is that I'm leaving on
a super-vacation at the end of this week. I'll be gone for 4 weeks,
so the project will really be in a feature freeze. This is both
good and bad. Good because it will really give the code a chance to
sit and digest. Bad because i won't be around to help/code.

When i get back next month, I'll be looking over all the archives
and making the needed changes. Once all issues have been addressed
pygame-1.0 will be a reality (wow)

Anyways, I'm excited about the coming release. Everyone please get
on this latest 0.9 version and take it around the block. I'm hunting
for all problems, big and small.

When 1.0 is released I'll be ready to start laying out the pygame
propaganda to different places. Around that time I know the first
couple pygame projects will be coming to a finish. It should be
a pretty fun time for the whole project.

As for the current issues. I'll be leaving in a couple days, and
after that i'll be pushing the project off on its own for several
weeks. I'm not too worried, since things have calmed down pretty
much since the "0.3" days, and i don't expect there's any
showstoppers that will need immediate attention.