Re: [pygame] Debug printouts - faster to screen or file?

> In my experience a file is gobs faster than the screen.
> Each character is possibly captured via popen, clipped, translated,
> antialiased, masked, blitted... This ain't no 'load [screen], char'
> world
> any more -
> but for files, an 'A' is still a 1-byte write to a memory-buffered file.
> One big difference is if your screen output ever requires scrolling -
> that also soaks up a lot of CPU.
> But I guess testing you

I do write to files if I want performance when debugging. But I normally
revert to print statements for stuff I commit. File output is faster (on
the whole) for the reasons mentioned above, and because python seems to
cache writes: it doesn't do a byte at a time, but waits for a few cycles
until there is a couple of K or so to output. Often my file is written
to for a while after I close the application...

Mileage may vary however...

"I sense much NT in you! NT leads to Blue Screen. Blue Screen leads to
downtime, downtime leads to suffering...  NT is the path to the
darkside!"

     -- Author: Unknown Unix Jedi