Re: [pygame] Nasty crash running sound.py then stars.py

John Popplewell wrote:
> Recently upgraded to pygame-1.4 and decided to run through the examples.
> All went fine until I ran "sound.py" followed by "stars.py" which
> produced this :

john, wow, looking over the code here. this is a big problem.
there is a specific reason it was moved though. SDL now has pretty good
support for running in an embedded window. for this to work properly the
program must "hack" some environment variables before there is any sort
of intiialization going on.

i can get this fixed by getting most of that initialization stuff back
into the module init time, which really is a better place for it anyways.

i believe the biggest problem here is the fact that the quit time
cleanup registering was moved to the "pygame.init()" function, so
without calling that, things obviously didn't get cleaned up.

still, i never saw the problems you were experiencing. i guess i
unsafely assumed everything was "ok" from that. i'll get things
smartened up here right away.