[pygame] Pygame / Redhat 7.2 / SDL / SVGALIB

Hello everyone, I am trying to get Pygame working on redhat 7.2 using the SDL compiled with svgalib support. At this time I have svgalib installed, and can run the sample demos and applications, as well the the SDL RPM for 7.2, I compiled the test apps and they work also. Python2.2 is installed and it works, but when I try to import pygame I get roughly:

import error: cannot import libSDL-1.2.so.0

I installed pygame as an RPM, and also compiled it from source and this is the error I get either way. I only have the main dependancies installed, not sdl_mixer or any other module. Any ideas? Thanks very much for your time.