Re: [pygame] Does anyone have a python implementation of A*?

Bob Ippolito <bob@threeoh.com>:

> It's too bad stock python doesn't support continuations, cause they can
> make a big difference for something like A*, especially if you want to
> break processing over a few frames without using, or without the
> overhead and complications of, real threads.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want to do here, but are
you sure you can't do it with generators?

> The data structure you end up using for the priority queue is also
> pretty important.. you kinda just have to try a few (and probably a few
> different implementations of each) for your generic data set and see
> what ends up working best, especially in a language like python some of
> the normal optimization rules don't quite apply.

Hm. It seems that some heap implementations would be quite suitable
for Numeric...

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                                  The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                                  http://anygui.org